I am delighted to have you as a yoga student! The following information will help you get the most out of your yoga classes and clarify my role as a yoga teacher. Please read and sign below:
1. I am a certified Kripalu Yoga teacher and have completed a thorough professional training in yoga instruction. Yoga is much more than physical exercise; it is a transformational practice that integrates body, mind and spirit. Yoga is a way of encountering and releasing physical, mental and emotional tensions to arrive at deeper levels of relaxation and awareness.
2. All exercise programs involve a risk of injury. By choosing to participate in my yoga classes, you voluntarily assume a certain risk of injury. The following guidelines will help you reduce your risk of injury:
• Listen to and follow my instructions carefully
• Breathe smooth and continuously as you move and stretch
• Do not hold your breath or strain in any position
• Work gently, respecting your body’s abilities and limits
• Don’t perform postures or movements that are painful
• Ask me if you are unsure how to perform a certain movement
• Menstruating women should not practice inverted postures
• Pregnant women must consult their health care provider before enrolling in class
3. It is always advisable to consult your physician before embarking on any exercise program.
4. Awareness is fundamental to the practice of yoga. It is your responsibility as a student to monitor each activity and determine whether it is appropriate for you to participate. Though I am your teacher, you remain primarily responsible for your safety and well being.